Butter spread Country Crock, owned by Unilever, is getting some unsavory comments for its new “simple recipe.”
Consumerist reported the trend, which has customers on Twitter, the product’s website, and on Facebook enraged. Apparently, the new recipe is turning once-delicious recipes into disgusting entrees and desserts.
“So disappointed when using this to cook with. When it melts it leaves a hardened film that feels like plastic. It also burns in the oven in less time than directed, on temperature recipe called for,” said one reviewer on the product’s website. “I spread it on the top of a biscuit and it left a whitish film!” The page now has over 210 one-star reviews and jut 31 five-star reviews.
Facebook, too, is filled with negative comments from self-professed loyal fans of the food. Some of the comments prompted a response from Country Crock:
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time