Taylor Swift’s parade of special guests on her 1989 World Tour is pretty genius marketing—few pop stars can make every single night of their tour a news event—but the magic words “Please welcome to the stage…” don’t get any less magical just because they’ve been parodied. The first three of Swift’s Los Angeles shows featured some of her tour’s biggest names—Mary J. Blige, Alanis Morisette and…Joey from Friends?—and Tuesday night’s fourth show added three more: John Legend, Beck and St. Vincent.
Legend joined Swift on stage for a duet performance of his hit ballad “All Me,” a surprise that came together last minute. “I found out John and Chrissy were coming thirty minutes before I went on and called Chrissy and asked her if John would perform,” Swift explained. Earlier in the evening, the “Bad Blood” star brought out Beck for a version of his song “Dreams” with St. Vincent, aka Annie Clark, on guitar. In addition to making TIME’s list of the best albums of 2014 with her her self-titled record, St. Vincent has also dated supermodel and Paper Towns actress Cara Delevingne, a noted member of the Taylor Swift #squad. See the clips below:
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving