Kelly – who tangled with Trump during the first GOP candidates debate earlier this month – had been on vacation but as soon as Monday’s show ended, the Republican presidential candidate took to Twitter to give her a piece of his mind.
“@megynkelly must have had a terrible vacation, she is really off her game. Was afraid to confront Dr. Cornel West. No clue on immigration,” Trump Tweeted.
He followed it up minutes later with another Tweet: “I liked The Kelly File much better without @megynkelly. Perhaps she could take another eleven day unscheduled vacation!”
Trump then proceeded to Retweet others who criticized Kelly by referring to her as a “bimbo” and claimed that her show was “a waste of an hour.”
Days later, Kelly responded on an episode of The Kelly File.
“I certainly will not apologize for doing good journalism, so I’ll continue doing my job without fear or favor,” she said.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy