Everybody hates passwords. Between coming up with them, remembering them, and finally resetting them when we sheepishly admit we can’t remember them, they’re a total pain.
But technology known as biometrics is slowly but surely replacing memorized passwords. With biometrics, your smartphone, computer, or even ATM could scan your fingerprint, eyes or entire face to recognize you’re who you say you are, granting you password-free access to your devices or bank accounts.
Want to learn more about our possibly password-free future? Watch the video above.
Read next: 5 Ways to Keep Hackers Away From Your Money
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy