An official list from the SSA sees a wave of parents naming their sons after Luke Skywalker’s Sith father. In 2014, Anakin was the 957th most popular name in the U.S. among boys. The list states that 218 babes were born with that name, a number shared with Emmet, Baylor, Judson, and Truman.
Though this might seem like we’re losing the future leaders of America to the growing influence of the Sith, Luke is the 28th most popular name — that’s 10,431 newborns named Luke last year. Similarly, Leia is the 509th most popular name among girls, which yielded 605 newborns with that name.
Although, there are a lot of families out there who love Game of Thrones, because 368 newborn girls were named Khaleesi after the Mother of Dragons.
Check out the full list of popular baby names here.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time