An incoming freshman won free tuition in the best way possible: sinking a half-court free throw in front of a crowd of his peers.
Ball State University knows how to put on a pep rally. To inspire support for the school’s teams, for the past three years administrators has offered a free semester of tuition to the first student who sinks a half-court shot at Worthen Arena. This semester, the lucky student who won’t get a bill is Lem Turner of Illinois. Watch the amazing throw that led to a free ride.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement