ABC is close to a deal for a Mockingbird-centric pilot called Marvel’s Most Wanted, EW has confirmed.
Earlier this year, ABC was developing an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff starring Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood, who play the formerly married duo Agent Bobbi Morse and mercenary Lance Hunter. But the network decided not to move forward with the project when announcing its new shows at upfronts, with ABC entertainment president Paul Lee noting that the characters had helped S.H.I.E.L.D. hit its “creative stride.”
As first reported by Variety, the new project is no longer a spin-off, but will focus on the character’s continued adventures. It’s unclear whether the potential show will be introduced with a backdoor pilot on S.H.I.E.L.D.
The project is being developed by S.H.I.E.L.D. executive producer Jeffrey Bell (Angel, The X-Files) and S.H.I.E.L.D. writer Paul Zbyszewski (Lost, Hawaii Five-0). Marvel’s Jeph Loeb would also executive-produce.
With the Mockingbird pilot and John Ridley’s top-secret project also in the works, Marvel could have as many as four shows in primetime soon with the return of Agent Carter in midseason and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the fall.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time