There was bendgate, antennagate and updategate and now a similarly strange controversy may be bubbling up with the Apple Watch Sport edition of the company’s latest product.
Let’s call it logogate. What happens? Consumerist reported that some unhappy Apple Watch Sport edition users are complaining that the lettering and logo on the part that touches the wrist may be wearing away.
Per the article, the annoyance doesn’t affect how the product works in the slightest, but it is bothersome given the cost of the watch at $349 and its marketing as a high-end product.
A product owner posted photos of the issue on Apple’s forums and others chimed in that they were having a similar problem with their own watches.
“I have had this unit since June 5th and the band started to peel part so bad that I replaced it with an after-market metal band that I purchaced [sic] on Amazon. I have an appointment at the new haven location 8/19/15 today,” posted the consumer. “I hope I can be assisted with this matter and I also have apple care . But hope there isnt [sic] a claim today because I see a number of Apple watches with the same peeling problem.”
Someone (maybe the same user?) also posted the issue on Reddit as well.
Fortune has reached out to Apple’s PR team for comment. Apple Insider also wrote about this development.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022