He was trying to save the ducks, or at least chronicle what he saw as the abuses against them Instead, an animal rights activist in Spain ended up getting beaten with one.
The activist was filming the “duck chase” in the Catalonian town Roses, Yahoo reports, home to a controversial annual tradition in which ducks are thrown into the Mediterranean to be caught and brought back to land by swimmers.
As the activist films the chase, a woman in a white bathing suit swims up and, holding a duck by its legs, begins beating him with it.
A recent Change.org petition to end the chase because of the “suffering, fear and anxiety” it causes the ducks has received over 10,000 signatures.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow