He was trying to save the ducks, or at least chronicle what he saw as the abuses against them Instead, an animal rights activist in Spain ended up getting beaten with one.
The activist was filming the “duck chase” in the Catalonian town Roses, Yahoo reports, home to a controversial annual tradition in which ducks are thrown into the Mediterranean to be caught and brought back to land by swimmers.
As the activist films the chase, a woman in a white bathing suit swims up and, holding a duck by its legs, begins beating him with it.
A recent Change.org petition to end the chase because of the “suffering, fear and anxiety” it causes the ducks has received over 10,000 signatures.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time