An American who survived massive blasts that devastated the Chinese city of Tianjin said he and his girlfriend were struggling to recover after the disaster destroyed their home.
“We’ve got to start over, there’s not much we can do but just start over and do the best that we can do,” Dan Van Duren told NBC News on Thursday.
The explosions blew out many windows, forced doors off their hinges and littered glass and debris throughout the apartment. At least 114 people were killed and more than 700 hospitalized in the August 12 blasts at a chemical warehouse.
Van Duren and his girlfriend…
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com