Even when your mom is the Queen, childhood can still be (occasionally!) silly.
The picture, which dates back to 1954, shows the Queen, who was around 28 years old at the time, with an ear-to-ear smile alongside her two eldest children.
And the monarch (or royal photographer Marcus Adams) must have told a royally funny joke, as Charles, who was around 7 years old, and Anne, who was around 4, can’t control their laughter!
The stylish trio dressed up for the occasion, with the Queen in a gorgeous dress and beautiful pearls that adorably match her daughter’s delicate necklace. And it seems Anne was already following in her mother’s purse-carrying footsteps! The young princess is seen clutching a small blue bag. (Queen Elizabeth’s black handbag turned up like an honored guest in Princess Charlotte’s official christening portraits last month.)
Not to be outdone, Charles sports a pair of familiar-looking red shorts. A possible future hand-me-down to his younger brother Prince Andrew!
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow