Even when your mom is the Queen, childhood can still be (occasionally!) silly.
The picture, which dates back to 1954, shows the Queen, who was around 28 years old at the time, with an ear-to-ear smile alongside her two eldest children.
And the monarch (or royal photographer Marcus Adams) must have told a royally funny joke, as Charles, who was around 7 years old, and Anne, who was around 4, can’t control their laughter!
The stylish trio dressed up for the occasion, with the Queen in a gorgeous dress and beautiful pearls that adorably match her daughter’s delicate necklace. And it seems Anne was already following in her mother’s purse-carrying footsteps! The young princess is seen clutching a small blue bag. (Queen Elizabeth’s black handbag turned up like an honored guest in Princess Charlotte’s official christening portraits last month.)
Not to be outdone, Charles sports a pair of familiar-looking red shorts. A possible future hand-me-down to his younger brother Prince Andrew!
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science