A 2-year-old boy may have accidentally shot and killed his father, police say.
A man was discovered Tuesday in an Alabama apartment with a fatal gunshot wound to the head, the Associated Press reports. The child was the only other person at the apartment, and police say they have ruled out suicide or an intruder among other possible scenarios and believe the toddler was the one who accidentally fired the weapon.
The AP reports that the child lived with his mother and another sibling in the apartment, and that the child’s father was often there during the day while the mother was at work.
Police are calling the incident a “horrible accident.”
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body