Saturday Night Live has confirmed the first three guests of its upcoming season: Miley Cyrus, Amy Schumer and Tracy Morgan.
Morgan, who will return to the show on Oct.17, was an SNL cast member from 1996 to 2003. This will be the 30 Rock star’s first major performance since he was critically injured in a June 2014 car accident that took the life of his longtime friend and colleague, James McNair.
The comedian got emotional during a visit to the Today show earlier this summer, telling Matt Lauer he wondered how he was going to “be funny again.”
The new season of SNL will be the show’s 41st, with Cyrus hosting for her third time on Oct. 3 and Schumer making her debut on Oct. 10.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating