Audiences at Cannes Film Festival have already been wowed by Carol, and now the general public can start getting excited for the Todd Haynes-directed film. In the first teaser-trailer of the movie, adapted by screenwriter Phyllis Nagy from Patricia Highsmith’s novel The Price of Salt, Rooney Mara, a department store clerk, is seen in thrall of Cate Blanchett, an unhappily married woman.
Haynes previously worked with Blanchett on I’m Not There., in which the actress played one version of Bob Dylan. Rooney Mara was awarded a Best Actress prize at Cannes for this performance. Catch Carol in theaters on Nov. 27.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023