Audiences at Cannes Film Festival have already been wowed by Carol, and now the general public can start getting excited for the Todd Haynes-directed film. In the first teaser-trailer of the movie, adapted by screenwriter Phyllis Nagy from Patricia Highsmith’s novel The Price of Salt, Rooney Mara, a department store clerk, is seen in thrall of Cate Blanchett, an unhappily married woman.
Haynes previously worked with Blanchett on I’m Not There., in which the actress played one version of Bob Dylan. Rooney Mara was awarded a Best Actress prize at Cannes for this performance. Catch Carol in theaters on Nov. 27.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate