Though Star Wars: Rogue One doesn’t hit theaters until December 2016, Disney released the first photo from the film during its D23 Expo on Saturday. The first glimpse features cast members Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Riz Ahmed, Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
Jones, who was nominated for an Oscar for The Theory of Everything this year, was up until now the only known cast member. Director Gareth Edwards (Godzilla) confirmed in a video from the set in the U.K. that Ben Mendelsohn, Forest Whitaker and Mads Mikkelsen would also be joining the cast.
The movie is a prequel that focuses on the people who stole the Empire’s plans for the Death Star in the original 1977 Star Wars film.
“It goes into new territory, exploring the galactic struggle from a ground-war perspective while maintaining that essential Star Wars feel that fans have come to know,” Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy said in a statement.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Eliana Dockterman at email@example.com