Though Star Wars: Rogue One doesn’t hit theaters until December 2016, Disney released the first photo from the film during its D23 Expo on Saturday. The first glimpse features cast members Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Riz Ahmed, Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
Jones, who was nominated for an Oscar for The Theory of Everything this year, was up until now the only known cast member. Director Gareth Edwards (Godzilla) confirmed in a video from the set in the U.K. that Ben Mendelsohn, Forest Whitaker and Mads Mikkelsen would also be joining the cast.
The movie is a prequel that focuses on the people who stole the Empire’s plans for the Death Star in the original 1977 Star Wars film.
“It goes into new territory, exploring the galactic struggle from a ground-war perspective while maintaining that essential Star Wars feel that fans have come to know,” Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy said in a statement.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now