Attendees of Disney’s D23 expo got an exclusive look at the first footage from Marvel’s highly anticipated Captain America: Civil War on Saturday. Stars Chris Evans (Captain America) and Anthony Mackie (Falcon) were in attendance to debut the video.
In the footage, Captain America and Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man face off against each other over a program that would require superheroes to register with the government, with Iron Man supporting the venture and Captain America arguing against it. The members of the Avengers team take sides, with Falcon, Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) allying with Captain America and War Machine (Don Cheadle) and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) allying with Iron Man.
The superheroes come to blows by the end of the trailer, according to Variety.
Though Tom Holland’s Spider-Man, who is expected to make his Marvel Studios debut in the movie, did not appear in the footage, audiences got their first glimpse of Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther. Paul Rudd (Ant-Man), Martin Freeman, Paul Bettany and Emily VanCamp are all featured as well.
Marvel head Kevin Feige also teased new details about the Benedict Cumberbatch Marvel movie, Doctor Strange. In a video message, Cumberbatch promised the movie would have “girls, cars, explosions, a bit of astral projection—the usual fare.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization