After 12 years, Finding Nemo character Dory will finally swim onto the big screen in sequel Finding Dory. And the forgetful fish, played by Ellen Degeres, will have a whole new crew.
Disney revealed the first glimpses of new characters in the film during the annual D23 Expo on Friday. DeGeneres took the stage herself to introduce sectopus (an octopus who is missing some tentacles) Hank (Modern Family’s Ed O’Neill), Bailey the beluga whale (Modern Family’s Ty Burrell) and a whale shark named Destiny (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia‘s Kaitlyn Olson). The group will help Dory escape an ocean sanctuary facility after she is separated from Marlin and Nemo during the quest to find her forgotten family.
Finding Dory hits theaters June 17, 2016.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Eliana Dockterman at firstname.lastname@example.org