In honor of the 69th Anniversary of India’s Independence on Aug. 15, Google India’s Doodle features Mahatma Gandhi leading the Dandi March of 1930.
The scene depicts a significant moment in India’s push for freedom from the rule of the British Raj and the beginning of the Civil Disobedience Movement. Seventy-eight Congress volunteers participated in the 240-mile march in protest of unfair salt laws.
Leon Hong illustrated the Doodle for Google users in India as they celebrate the Indian Independence Act of 1947 on Saturday.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This