In honor of the 69th Anniversary of India’s Independence on Aug. 15, Google India’s Doodle features Mahatma Gandhi leading the Dandi March of 1930.
The scene depicts a significant moment in India’s push for freedom from the rule of the British Raj and the beginning of the Civil Disobedience Movement. Seventy-eight Congress volunteers participated in the 240-mile march in protest of unfair salt laws.
Leon Hong illustrated the Doodle for Google users in India as they celebrate the Indian Independence Act of 1947 on Saturday.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time