Jack Ma may not be the richest man in all of China, but he at least owns the most expensive home.
According to a report in The South China Morning Post, it is rumored that Ma has bought a A 9,890-square-feet luxury house in Hong Kong for a jaw-dropping $193 million. The seller of the home is Francis Yuen Tin-fan, the former deputy chairman of PCCW and ex-chief executive of Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing.
The report says that on a per-square-foot basis, the home at house at 22 Barker Road on The Peak is the second-most expensive home in the world.
Publicly available images don’t seem to justify the price tag, at least from the outside:
In June, the Alibaba chairman bought a a 28,100-acre property in New York’s Adirondacks for $23 Million.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time