Jack Ma may not be the richest man in all of China, but he at least owns the most expensive home.
According to a report in The South China Morning Post, it is rumored that Ma has bought a A 9,890-square-feet luxury house in Hong Kong for a jaw-dropping $193 million. The seller of the home is Francis Yuen Tin-fan, the former deputy chairman of PCCW and ex-chief executive of Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing.
The report says that on a per-square-foot basis, the home at house at 22 Barker Road on The Peak is the second-most expensive home in the world.
Publicly available images don’t seem to justify the price tag, at least from the outside:
In June, the Alibaba chairman bought a a 28,100-acre property in New York’s Adirondacks for $23 Million.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive