Kevin Bacon is known for his dancing shoes, but as a child, those shoes were used against him—literally.
The actor visited Conan on Thursday and revealed that he was once beaten up with his own shoes when he was a kid. While walking home from a bowling alley in Philadelphia, he was chased down by muggers who made him hand over his money, then told him to take off his shoes to prove there wasn’t more cash hidden there. Before he knew it, he “realized that the guy was just beating me silly with my own shoes.”
Bacon will soon appear in Black Mass, the movie about gangster Whitey Bulger, in theaters Sept. 18.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive