In the ad, Trump and Ivana, who divorced in 1992, make light of their $25 million settlement: “Do you really think this is the right thing for us to be doing, Ivana?” Trump asks, while putting on a bow tie. The two trade dialogue about how it’s so wrong that they’re, presumably, together.
Wait for the punch line: It’s actually about eating pizza “crust first,” says Trump, thanks to the cheesy filling inside the now Pizza Hut staple.
“May I have the last slice?” Ivana asks, smiling, at the commercial’s end. Trump places his hand on her arm as she goes to grab the pizza. “Actually, you’re only entitled to half,” he says.
Check out the ad, which is pretty cheesy (pun intended), here:
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating