In the ad, Trump and Ivana, who divorced in 1992, make light of their $25 million settlement: “Do you really think this is the right thing for us to be doing, Ivana?” Trump asks, while putting on a bow tie. The two trade dialogue about how it’s so wrong that they’re, presumably, together.
Wait for the punch line: It’s actually about eating pizza “crust first,” says Trump, thanks to the cheesy filling inside the now Pizza Hut staple.
“May I have the last slice?” Ivana asks, smiling, at the commercial’s end. Trump places his hand on her arm as she goes to grab the pizza. “Actually, you’re only entitled to half,” he says.
Check out the ad, which is pretty cheesy (pun intended), here:
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up