Authorities in New York arrested and charged a drug ring who were receiving shipments of cocaine, including a package hidden inside a doll from the movie Minions.
Albert Fortosa, 24, of Harlem was arrested on July 2nd while allegedly accepting a package of narcotics wrapped up as gifts. “Kilos of cocaine were disguised as children’s birthday gifts, and shipped alongside innocent looking Olaf dolls and other toys, in a failed attempt to conceal the sinister contents,” said Special Narcotics Prosecutor Bridget Brennan in a statement.
For the heroin, cocaine, MDMA and marijuana his drug ring distributed, Fortosa is thought to have been at the “top of the food chain.” No wonder he wanted a Minion to help him out.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism