The Perseid meteor shower lit up the night sky Wednesday as up to 100 meteors per hour flew by the Earth. Astronomers say the view this year will be especially spectacular thanks to the position of the moon.
If you missed the action outside, check out highlights from TIME’s live broadcast. The program, provided by Slooh, includes livestreams from prime viewing locations around the world, including in the Canary Islands, Canada and the United Kingdom. Experts also provide commentary to help viewers understand the science behind the phenomenon.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy