According to the St. Louis County Police Department, the person who appears to grab a gun from his waistband around the 10-second mark has been identified as Tyrone Harris Jr., 18, by the city’s Bureau of Crimes Against Persons.
Harris, who is black, was shot after he opened fire on the officers on Monday, the one-year anniversary of the death of Michael Brown, according to the St. Louis police chief. His father called the authorities’ description of the events “a bunch of lies,” and said two girls who were with his son told him that he was unarmed.
Prosecutors charged Harris on Monday with 10 felonies, including four counts of first-degree assault on a law enforcement officer. He remains hospitalized in critical condition.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World