While Donald Trump dominates America’s GOP primary field, Canadians have discovered their own wild card candidate—Wyatt Scott—ahead of their federal election in October.
The independent candidate, who released the above video ad in June, promises to “fight for Canada” while the video shows him perched on a CGI Canadian goose and swinging a sword in the air. Scott—armed with the clever slogan, “think artisan politics, not partisan”—says he will tackle issues like college affordability and indigenous people’s rights. “Change is coming to Canada, and I’m here to lead that charge,” Scott says in the video, shortly after destroying a robot with his laser eyes. “Are you ready for the shift?”
If the Internet buzz means anything, then yes, Scott, we’re ready indeed.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World