While Donald Trump dominates America’s GOP primary field, Canadians have discovered their own wild card candidate—Wyatt Scott—ahead of their federal election in October.
The independent candidate, who released the above video ad in June, promises to “fight for Canada” while the video shows him perched on a CGI Canadian goose and swinging a sword in the air. Scott—armed with the clever slogan, “think artisan politics, not partisan”—says he will tackle issues like college affordability and indigenous people’s rights. “Change is coming to Canada, and I’m here to lead that charge,” Scott says in the video, shortly after destroying a robot with his laser eyes. “Are you ready for the shift?”
If the Internet buzz means anything, then yes, Scott, we’re ready indeed.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time