While Donald Trump dominates America’s GOP primary field, Canadians have discovered their own wild card candidate—Wyatt Scott—ahead of their federal election in October.
The independent candidate, who released the above video ad in June, promises to “fight for Canada” while the video shows him perched on a CGI Canadian goose and swinging a sword in the air. Scott—armed with the clever slogan, “think artisan politics, not partisan”—says he will tackle issues like college affordability and indigenous people’s rights. “Change is coming to Canada, and I’m here to lead that charge,” Scott says in the video, shortly after destroying a robot with his laser eyes. “Are you ready for the shift?”
If the Internet buzz means anything, then yes, Scott, we’re ready indeed.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'