Get ready to learn more about a top-secret project from the US Military, because the Pentagon is ready to share details about a new bomber.
First, though, it has to pick which weapons manufacturer will actually make the new craft, Northrop Grumman or a team of Boeing and Lockheed Martin. This is expected to be a multi-billion dollar project, and the bombers could be ready for combat by next decade.
Even now, though, we won’t be learning everything about the new project. Some details, officials say, will still be kept secret. From Bloomberg:
Up till now these bombers have been part of the Pentagon’s “black budget,” projects that are so secret they are only a title in the budget.
The new bomber was featured briefly (and under covers) in Northrop Grumman’s Super Bowl commercial in February:
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body