BBC News reports that a white male tiger at the Alipore Zoo in Kolkata, India, is too “shy” to mate, according a retired veterinary officer, Dayanarayan Banerjee, who is consulting on the case.
Even after the 10-year-old big cat Vishal was “dewormed” and given Vitamins D, A, and E, plus drugs to enhance his libido, he has shown no interest in the eight-year-old tiger Rupa, Banerjee told the news outlet. He could be “too old,” but Banerjee said the zoo will try introducing him to a Bengal tigress named Rani. Here’s hoping he gets over those nerves.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy