BBC News reports that a white male tiger at the Alipore Zoo in Kolkata, India, is too “shy” to mate, according a retired veterinary officer, Dayanarayan Banerjee, who is consulting on the case.
Even after the 10-year-old big cat Vishal was “dewormed” and given Vitamins D, A, and E, plus drugs to enhance his libido, he has shown no interest in the eight-year-old tiger Rupa, Banerjee told the news outlet. He could be “too old,” but Banerjee said the zoo will try introducing him to a Bengal tigress named Rani. Here’s hoping he gets over those nerves.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve