A CrossFit coach has drawn fire for posting an Instagram of himself doing a handstand at Berlin’s Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, a Holocaust remembrance site.
The post by Dave Driskell, which has since been deleted but can be seen here, was captioned, “Hello Berlin, Germany. 15 hour layover. Checking the sites. Drinking the beers. Eating the bratwurst. #vagabond #wanderlustwods #handstands #365daysofhandstands.”
Followers were quick to pounce on Driskell, who frequently posts shots of himself doing handstands all around the world.
Driskell has since apologized with a followup Instagram post.
“I truly did not know what the structure was,” Driskell wrote. “I feel completely terrible as I would never purposely offend or disrespect this memorial had I known … It wasn’t until later tonight at the airport that I realized my error in understanding what this structure was.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Tanya Basu at firstname.lastname@example.org