From New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio to French cab drivers, it feels like everybody’s fighting over car-hailing startup Uber. The most valuable venture-backed startup in the world, Uber is beloved by urban commuters but questioned or downright loathed by local politicians, labor advocates and incumbent taxi companies.
Want to know more about the fight over Uber? Watch the video above.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow