From New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio to French cab drivers, it feels like everybody’s fighting over car-hailing startup Uber. The most valuable venture-backed startup in the world, Uber is beloved by urban commuters but questioned or downright loathed by local politicians, labor advocates and incumbent taxi companies.
Want to know more about the fight over Uber? Watch the video above.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating