Cosmetics store Sephora is taking on Birchbox with a new subscription box service. The new program, called Play! By Sephora, will offer customers a sampling of five makeup, skincare and haircare products for $10 per month from brands such as Marc Jacobs Beauty, Bumble and Glamglow. Every month the products will be centered around a certain theme. The service launches in September in Boston, Cincinnati and Columbus, Ohio.
Birchbox has already proven that the beauty box model can be successful. The startup has attracted more than 1 million subscribers since launching in 2010.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Why Pence Launched His Presidential Bid in Iowa
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk