Cosmetics store Sephora is taking on Birchbox with a new subscription box service. The new program, called Play! By Sephora, will offer customers a sampling of five makeup, skincare and haircare products for $10 per month from brands such as Marc Jacobs Beauty, Bumble and Glamglow. Every month the products will be centered around a certain theme. The service launches in September in Boston, Cincinnati and Columbus, Ohio.
Birchbox has already proven that the beauty box model can be successful. The startup has attracted more than 1 million subscribers since launching in 2010.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive