Cosmetics store Sephora is taking on Birchbox with a new subscription box service. The new program, called Play! By Sephora, will offer customers a sampling of five makeup, skincare and haircare products for $10 per month from brands such as Marc Jacobs Beauty, Bumble and Glamglow. Every month the products will be centered around a certain theme. The service launches in September in Boston, Cincinnati and Columbus, Ohio.
Birchbox has already proven that the beauty box model can be successful. The startup has attracted more than 1 million subscribers since launching in 2010.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time