One of the highlights of the ESPYs last month was Ronda Rousey’s red carpet dig at Floyd Mayweather after beating him for the Best Fighter award.
Nearly a month later, Mayweather has finally responded. “I’ve yet to see any MMA fighter, or other boxer, make over $300 million in 36 minutes,” Mayweather said during an interview with ESPN after congratulating Rousey on her award. “When she can do that, then, call me.”
Rousey recently retained her UFC women’s bantamweight championship by defeating Bethe Correia in just 34 seconds on Aug. 1, while Mayweather announced this week that he’ll face Andre Berto on Sept. 12.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow