Looks like J.K. Rowling isn’t taking steps toward immortality.
When a fan asked the Harry Potter author what her Horcrux would be—referring to an object that’s been enchanted by a dark wizard to contain a piece of his or her soul, so the wizard can become immortal—Rowling responded on Twitter that she would never have anything as “evil” or “despicable” as a Horcrux. But if she did, Rowling added, it would be a teabag.
Horcruxes were a focus in the final books of the Harry Potter series, in which Harry had to find and ruin all of Voldemort’s Horcruxes in order to kill him. It is super dark magic, which is why Rowling would (almost) never consider having one.
That tweet was part of a longer series of tweets about tea, and the importance of proper tea consumption, which you can read here.
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk