Esquire released a profile of Fantastic Four star Miles Teller on Wednesday morning, a piece that includes anecdotes about Teller’s DM habits (he sent one to Kobe Bryant), his nickname for Joaquin Phoenix (“Joaq”) and that time Teller apparently sent a rather heated text message to Whiplash director Damien Chazelle after he was cut from La La Land.
“Our latest cover star is on a quest for greatness. Sometimes that can involve a bit of dickishness too,” Esquire wrote in the piece.
Teller responded to the magazine on Wednesday afternoon with one tweet:
But now some of his Fantastic Four costars have chimed in to back their colleague. Jamie Bell was first, calling Teller “a great guy.”
While Kate Mara — whose character, Sue Storm, eventually marries Teller’s Reed Richards in Fantastic Four — quickly followed suit.
The fourth member of the cinematic superhero squad, Michael B. Jordan, has yet to tweet anything.
You can read Esquire’s full profile here.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve