Esquire released a profile of Fantastic Four star Miles Teller on Wednesday morning, a piece that includes anecdotes about Teller’s DM habits (he sent one to Kobe Bryant), his nickname for Joaquin Phoenix (“Joaq”) and that time Teller apparently sent a rather heated text message to Whiplash director Damien Chazelle after he was cut from La La Land.
“Our latest cover star is on a quest for greatness. Sometimes that can involve a bit of dickishness too,” Esquire wrote in the piece.
Teller responded to the magazine on Wednesday afternoon with one tweet:
But now some of his Fantastic Four costars have chimed in to back their colleague. Jamie Bell was first, calling Teller “a great guy.”
While Kate Mara — whose character, Sue Storm, eventually marries Teller’s Reed Richards in Fantastic Four — quickly followed suit.
The fourth member of the cinematic superhero squad, Michael B. Jordan, has yet to tweet anything.
You can read Esquire’s full profile here.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State