Stephen King proposed a new slogan for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign Wednesday, and it’s pretty safe to say the bestselling author won’t be voting for The Donald.
“If you’re white, you’re all right!,” begins King’s suggested slogan. “Any other hue, I don’t trust you.” The motto plays on the accusations of racism that have plagued Trump since his campaign launch in June, in which he referred to some illegal immigrants from Mexico as rapists. Although Trump has claimed broad support among the Latino community, polls show otherwise.
Trump currently leads most national Republican polls and will be taking center stage at the first GOP debate Thursday night.
That’s not the first time King has tweeted about Trump:
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?