Stephen King proposed a new slogan for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign Wednesday, and it’s pretty safe to say the bestselling author won’t be voting for The Donald.
“If you’re white, you’re all right!,” begins King’s suggested slogan. “Any other hue, I don’t trust you.” The motto plays on the accusations of racism that have plagued Trump since his campaign launch in June, in which he referred to some illegal immigrants from Mexico as rapists. Although Trump has claimed broad support among the Latino community, polls show otherwise.
Trump currently leads most national Republican polls and will be taking center stage at the first GOP debate Thursday night.
That’s not the first time King has tweeted about Trump:
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve