Stephen King proposed a new slogan for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign Wednesday, and it’s pretty safe to say the bestselling author won’t be voting for The Donald.
“If you’re white, you’re all right!,” begins King’s suggested slogan. “Any other hue, I don’t trust you.” The motto plays on the accusations of racism that have plagued Trump since his campaign launch in June, in which he referred to some illegal immigrants from Mexico as rapists. Although Trump has claimed broad support among the Latino community, polls show otherwise.
Trump currently leads most national Republican polls and will be taking center stage at the first GOP debate Thursday night.
That’s not the first time King has tweeted about Trump:
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time