Rapper and actor Busta Rhymes was charged with assault after allegedly tossing a protein shake at another man in a New York City gym on Wednesday night, according to assorted media reports.
Information regarding the incident is trickling out slowly, but the 43-year-old Rhymes reportedly got into a altercation with another patron at Steel Gym in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan. There’s been no confirmation yet regarding the cause of the fight, the particular brand of protein—likely a whey composite—used in the assault or the status of the victim.
Rhymes, born Trevor Tahiem Smith Jr., is currently working on E.L.E. 2 (Extinction Level Event 2), an apparent sequel to his similarly-titled 1998 album.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears