Rapper and actor Busta Rhymes was charged with assault after allegedly tossing a protein shake at another man in a New York City gym on Wednesday night, according to assorted media reports.
Information regarding the incident is trickling out slowly, but the 43-year-old Rhymes reportedly got into a altercation with another patron at Steel Gym in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan. There’s been no confirmation yet regarding the cause of the fight, the particular brand of protein—likely a whey composite—used in the assault or the status of the victim.
Rhymes, born Trevor Tahiem Smith Jr., is currently working on E.L.E. 2 (Extinction Level Event 2), an apparent sequel to his similarly-titled 1998 album.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022