Rapper and actor Busta Rhymes was charged with assault after allegedly tossing a protein shake at another man in a New York City gym on Wednesday night, according to assorted media reports.
Information regarding the incident is trickling out slowly, but the 43-year-old Rhymes reportedly got into a altercation with another patron at Steel Gym in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan. There’s been no confirmation yet regarding the cause of the fight, the particular brand of protein—likely a whey composite—used in the assault or the status of the victim.
Rhymes, born Trevor Tahiem Smith Jr., is currently working on E.L.E. 2 (Extinction Level Event 2), an apparent sequel to his similarly-titled 1998 album.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org