By Netflix, that it will allow employees to take unlimited parental leave for up to a year after the birth or adoption of a child. Employees will receive their normal pay while on leave.
• Vincent Marotta, 91, co-creator of the Mr. Coffee machine, one of the first consumer automatic drip coffeemakers, brought to market in 1972.
• Natalia Molchanova, 53, widely considered the best free diver in the world. She vanished after a dive off the Spanish island of Formentera and was presumed dead after a two-day search failed to find her body.
• Jerome Kohlberg, 90, a founder of private-equity firm KKR and a pioneer of the leveraged buyout. His company famously took over RJR Nabisco in 1988.
By the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the first prescription drug made by 3-D printing. The drug, Spritam, is a dissolvable tablet for treating certain kinds of epileptic seizures.
This appears in the August 17, 2015 issue of TIME.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement