A drone dropped a package containing heroin, marijuana and tobacco in an Ohio prison yard last week, authorities said on Tuesday.
According to a report from the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction, inmates at the Mansfield Correctional Institution near Cleveland began fighting over the contraband not long after camera footage showed a drone passing over the recreation yard, the Mansfield News Journal reported.
Correctional officers used pepper spray to break up the brawl, and strip-searched all inmates who had been present on the yard during the apparent drone delivery, according to the report. Nine men whom officials said were fighting over the drugs were placed in solitary confinement. There were no injuries to any staff or inmates.
Officials said further investigation revealed the package had been intended for an inmate, though authorities could not confirm whether the incident was gang-related.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy