Most dogs know that a great way to cool off and relax in the summertime is to spend some time in an inflatable kiddie pool. That usually can’t happen for a pup unless there’s a human with opposable thumbs nearby to grab a hose and fill up the pool.
Six-month-old lab puppy Maddie, however, decided that she was a strong independent dog who did not need a human for anything. She grabbed her own hose and filled up her own pool. Or at least, she tried. As you’ll see in the clip above, she doesn’t have the easiest time with this task, but you can’t say she didn’t try.
Hopefully she can get some practice in over the winter, and be totally ready to operate a hose this time next year.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far