Most dogs know that a great way to cool off and relax in the summertime is to spend some time in an inflatable kiddie pool. That usually can’t happen for a pup unless there’s a human with opposable thumbs nearby to grab a hose and fill up the pool.
Six-month-old lab puppy Maddie, however, decided that she was a strong independent dog who did not need a human for anything. She grabbed her own hose and filled up her own pool. Or at least, she tried. As you’ll see in the clip above, she doesn’t have the easiest time with this task, but you can’t say she didn’t try.
Hopefully she can get some practice in over the winter, and be totally ready to operate a hose this time next year.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com