An Idaho hunter vowed to not buckle under pressure from Facebook critics after posting pictures of herself with a dead giraffe, wildebeest and impala, among other big game kills.
Sabrina Corgatelli said in an interview with the Today show that critics misunderstood the motivation of big game hunters like herself and the Minnesota dentist who was forced to go into hiding after killing Zimbabwe’s beloved Cecil the Lion.
“Everybody just thinks we’re cold-hearted killers, and it’s not that,” she told Today. “There is a connection with the animal, and just because we hunt them doesn’t mean we don’t have a respect for them. Giraffes are very dangerous animals. They could hurt you seriously very quickly.”
Corgatelli took a more defiant stance on her Facebook page, writing, “To all the haters, stay tuned, you’re gonna have so much more to be p***ed about.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time