An Idaho hunter vowed to not buckle under pressure from Facebook critics after posting pictures of herself with a dead giraffe, wildebeest and impala, among other big game kills.
Sabrina Corgatelli said in an interview with the Today show that critics misunderstood the motivation of big game hunters like herself and the Minnesota dentist who was forced to go into hiding after killing Zimbabwe’s beloved Cecil the Lion.
“Everybody just thinks we’re cold-hearted killers, and it’s not that,” she told Today. “There is a connection with the animal, and just because we hunt them doesn’t mean we don’t have a respect for them. Giraffes are very dangerous animals. They could hurt you seriously very quickly.”
Corgatelli took a more defiant stance on her Facebook page, writing, “To all the haters, stay tuned, you’re gonna have so much more to be p***ed about.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization