An Idaho hunter vowed to not buckle under pressure from Facebook critics after posting pictures of herself with a dead giraffe, wildebeest and impala, among other big game kills.
Sabrina Corgatelli said in an interview with the Today show that critics misunderstood the motivation of big game hunters like herself and the Minnesota dentist who was forced to go into hiding after killing Zimbabwe’s beloved Cecil the Lion.
“Everybody just thinks we’re cold-hearted killers, and it’s not that,” she told Today. “There is a connection with the animal, and just because we hunt them doesn’t mean we don’t have a respect for them. Giraffes are very dangerous animals. They could hurt you seriously very quickly.”
Corgatelli took a more defiant stance on her Facebook page, writing, “To all the haters, stay tuned, you’re gonna have so much more to be p***ed about.”
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement