As Stephen Colbert gears up to take over hosting duties of the Late Show, CBS debuted three new teasers Sunday.
In one promo Colbert talks about how he “can’t wait” to start hosting the show and how he’ll “talk about the news, tell jokes and have fascinating conversations with celebrities, athletes, musicians and, of course, politicians.”
At which point former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney appears.
“Wow, you do a great Mitt Romney,” Colbert says. “I am Mitt Romney,” the real Romney responds.
In another clip Colbert tries his hand at a card trick and then shows off his back-to-school backpack and Charlie Rose Trapper Keeper.
Colbert will be taking over the Late Show from David Letterman on Sept. 8.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up