Olivia Munn has already shown that she knows her way around a katana blade, but now she’s throwing down some serious martial arts moves. The actress portraying the mutant Psylocke in X-Men: Apocalypse continues filming ahead of a May 27, 2016, release date, and her latest video update posted to Instagram shows she’s ready to kick some butt.
Psylocke is known for her impressive hand-to-hand (and foot-to-face) combat skills, and Munn’s video, posted Saturday, shows her executing a rapid sequence of kicks.
Munn previously opened up about her character — and her character’s form-fitting costume — to EW. “It doesn’t matter what I’m wearing as long as we’re all aware of who she is,” she said. “She’s very strong and she’s very lethal and she’s very powerful, and it doesn’t really matter what she’s wearing as long as you have that strength and that presence.”
EW revealed a first look at Munn’s Psylocke alongside her fellow Horsemen — Storm (Alexandra Shipp), Archangel (Ben Hardy), and Magneto (Michael Fassbender) — as well as the title baddie, Apocalypse (Oscar Isaac). As she said during Comic-Con, “It really doesn’t feel real. It’s a very cliché thing to say, but it’s just a really surreal thing when you’re on set.”
Check out her impressive fighting skills in the video below.
•X-Men: Apocalypse: 5 EW exclusive photos
•See X-Men: Apocalypse star Olivia Munn’s impressive sword fighting skills
•X-Men: Apocalypse star Olivia Munn on Psylocke’s latex costume: ‘Day 1, I popped my crotch’
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up