An 18-year-old transgender man shared on Saturday his story of freezing his eggs prior to beginning hormone therapy, one of the first transgender teens to have done so, according to his doctor.
In a profile in People, Cole Carman said his doctor had introduced the possibility of freezing his eggs in January, when he was about to start testosterone therapy following his double mastectomy. “I already knew I wanted kids, so to say yes and make that decision was a no-brainer,” he said.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up