An 18-year-old transgender man shared on Saturday his story of freezing his eggs prior to beginning hormone therapy, one of the first transgender teens to have done so, according to his doctor.
In a profile in People, Cole Carman said his doctor had introduced the possibility of freezing his eggs in January, when he was about to start testosterone therapy following his double mastectomy. “I already knew I wanted kids, so to say yes and make that decision was a no-brainer,” he said.
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future