An 18-year-old transgender man shared on Saturday his story of freezing his eggs prior to beginning hormone therapy, one of the first transgender teens to have done so, according to his doctor.
In a profile in People, Cole Carman said his doctor had introduced the possibility of freezing his eggs in January, when he was about to start testosterone therapy following his double mastectomy. “I already knew I wanted kids, so to say yes and make that decision was a no-brainer,” he said.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow