Beach sand isn’t the easiest place to walk, especially if you’re a baby turtle.
In this video shot by Mike Ross of Naples, Fla., young turtles carefully crawl out of the sand at Barefoot Beach and make their way slowly into the waves of the ocean.
The nesting season for turtles is May through October, according to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. Turtles make between 40,000 and 84,000 nests annually on the Florida coast. Each nest contains between 80 and 120 eggs.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction