- Lower the intonation of your voice at the end of your sentences.
- Reduce how quickly and how often you nod.
- Pause for two full seconds before you speak.
Why do these work?
I’ve posted a number of times on the power of your voice. You can predict who will be elected president by how deep their voice is.
The book does a good job of explaining why controlling nodding is key:
And pausing has been shown to make you more persuasive.
For more on how to get people to like you (from an FBI behavior expert), click here.
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
Join over 200,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears