Agnes Fenton, who turns 110 Saturday, admitted that she has had to give up Miller High Life and Johnnie Walker Blue in the walk-up to her birthday, she told The Record.
In 2010, she said that, since 1943, she has been drinking “three cans of Miller High Life a day and a shot of good booze at 5 p.m.” What kind of good booze? Johnnie Walker Blue. In what sounds like a joke or a tall tale, she has told journalists that a doctor said she could drink three beers a day after a tumor she once developed ended up being benign.
Nowadays, the paper reports that she can’t drink that much anymore since her appetite has decreased, so that means we should take shot of Johnnie Walker Blue for her (but drink responsibly, of course).
Read next: Meet the New World’s Oldest Person
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving