The social-media uproar continues against Walter Palmer, the man who shot and killed Cecil the lion — the star attraction of Zimbabwe’s Hwange National Park.
Other celebrities have taken to Twitter to express their ire towards Palmer.
Mia Farrow ended up in hot water when she tweeted out Palmer’s address, which had already been publicized extensively on Twitter. Many protesters have since gathered in front of his practice, which remains closed as a result of the scandal. Farrow eventually apologized and deleted the tweet.
Sharon Osbourne, famed wife of rocker Ozzy Osbourne, went on quite a Twitter rampage against Palmer, comparing the game hunter to Satan.
Other celebs called for Palmer to be stripped of his dentistry license and even his citizenship.
But Ricky Gervais, who had previously shamed a teenage girl who, like Palmer, killed giraffes and lions for fun, took a much sadder tone, lamenting the death of the animal instead of explicitly calling Palmer out.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time