Billionaire Donald Trump may be leading in the polls for the GOP presidential primary, but former Texas Governor Rick Perry knows how he can beat his rival candidate. Asked about Trump’s critique of his candidacy, Perry challenged Trump to a pull-up contest.
“Let’s get a pull-up bar out here and see who can do more pull-ups,” Perry said at a speech Wednesday at the Yale Club in New York City, according to the New York Times.
Perry and Trump have been trading barbs ever since Trump questioned Arizona Senator John McCain’s status as a war hero. Perry condemned the remarks and called for Trump to drop out of the race.
In response, Trump has repeatedly questioned Perry’s intelligence, joked about his glasses and made light of his low poll numbers.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time