Millions of Americans were battling a heat wave Wednesday, facing blazing temperatures and thick humidity which will make the summer scorcher only feel worse.
Excessive heat warnings were in effect from St. Louis down the Mississippi River and past Memphis — into northeastern Louisiana and including Philadelphia. In total, around 35 million people will be under some sort of heat advisory on Wednesday, according to The Weather Channel.
The sweltering heat is expected to last unusually long, Weather Channel meteorologist Kevin Roth said.
“Most of the country over the next week will see temperatures of 90 or higher,” Roth said. “There’s not…
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working