Best-selling novelists, journalists and amateur writers alike gathered on Twitter today to turn a hashtag into a nationwide trending topic.
The hashtag in question? #TenThingsNotToSayToAWriter. Writers have been chiming in to vent the everyday frustrations of the profession (or, for some people, the side job.) The most common grievance seems to be the fact that some people refuse to regard writing as actual work. They assume it’s an easy task that anyone could do if they just had time.
If you want to avoid making a writer angry, check out some of the best tweets:
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving