In a video produced by Cosmopolitan, men watch footage of strangers catcalling their girlfriends while walking through New York City. One man appears to tell one of the women that the strip club he is standing in front of is hiring, while another compliments a woman’s hair as a way to start flirting with her.
Most of the men react relatively calmly, presumably because they realize they are on camera — after all, the entire Internet will be able to view their responses. But the most profane reaction is saved for last, as a guy loses it when a stranger appears to compliment his girlfriend’s breasts.
As one of the men in the video said, “I’m glad people are making it [catcalling] an issue.”
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving